antigua


Advertisement
Published: July 28th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Antigua is a small town surrounded by volcanoes (one of them Guate's only active one!) and mountains scattered witn Maya villages. Life goes on slowly in Antigua, Maya women come down from the hills early in the morning to say a quick prayer in the yellow church by the plaza before heading for a long day at the market, and we creep out of our room (that's the one with the huge mouldy patch on the roof) and head to one of Antiguas many laid back cafes to start the day with a traditional breakfast: eggs, fried platains, black beans and hot tortillas!! The only bad thing here was the hords of gringos luring around every corner in the parks, shops, cafes, language schools...so Mayan dialects weren´t the only ones ringing in our ears!!...maybe not the best place to practice your Spanish, but a pretty nice little town indeed! Colonial buildings, great cafes, plenty of good views and a neverending maze-like market...what more can you ask for?! If you´re in the neighbourhood, make sure to check it out!

By the way..travelblog have decided top boycot our photos so you´ll all just have to come over for a barbie and a slideshow when we get home! We did manage to publish a few on an old entry from Quepos though, so you can have a look at those for the time being.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.219s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.1929s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb