Grenada day, hmmm, how many now?


Advertisement
Grenada's flag
Central America Caribbean » Grenada
December 7th 2007
Published: December 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Doing LaundryDoing LaundryDoing Laundry

They do it in the rivers, then hang them up in bushes or lay it on the rocks to dry.
Here we are, finally splashed the boat in this past Monday. We wanted 4 coats of paint, the kid they sent was a bit lazy. Very unusual for this marine service. Then Friday the yard mgr found out the kid only had done 2 coats, sloppily. What we did is we changed color so we can tell when the bottom needs to be done again. You could still see a lot of red in some areas. So the kid came back, discussed the situation with Mike, and was put to work again. He applied one coat in the am, and another in the afternoon, and finally got himself a brush to do thru hulls, etc. Pete and I were not accepting the boat the way it was, and that was it.
So we were given a new splash time of Monday at 0900. We had the taxi driver, Snagg, pick us up at 0800 with all 4 of our bags. At 0930, nobody had shown up to pick up the boat, so we walked up to office. Found out the machine had a broken hose. Someone had gone to St. George 3 miles away to get one. St 11:00 the driver was not back. Meanwhile our lunch and water is on board. Finally the driver showed up after M asked them what the hold up was, saying something like I could walk over and back by now.
The yard mgr, Mike, says so close to lunch, will put you in at 1300. We waited again..Went for fries and a beer to the Big Fish. Mr Pete was getting very impatient.
Now you got 2 of us with nerves, and we had friends, Tom and Jeris coming in tonight, and the inside of the boat was trashed.
Finally at 1325 the boat splashed. We had a no event getting boat to Clarkes Court Bay Marina. This is where we are still.
Pete and Tom have been working on the engine, there is a problem with new one we brought from US, seems the bracket needs to be longer or something...
We have rented a car for a week. Driving on left. And M was elected to drive.
More on this later....


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

Basketball CourtBasketball Court
Basketball Court

Double use, also for Tennis
Marquis IslandMarquis Island
Marquis Island

On the East side of the Island, St. Andrews province
Tom in GalleyTom in Galley
Tom in Galley

with papaya in background. Very sweet.
RustyRusty
Rusty

Dogs sail too


Tot: 0.229s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 62; dbt: 0.1183s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb