Caribbean Cruise Part III


Advertisement
Published: March 17th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Best Fruit in the CaribbeanBest Fruit in the CaribbeanBest Fruit in the Caribbean

The beer and rum wasn't so bad either!
Day 9 Tobago Cays, St Vincent March 13 (Continued)

Wayne made it back to the boat and changed out of his camouflaged shorts before he was arrested as an insurgent gorilla. Karen will not need to mortgage the farm to bail her husband out of jail. We successfully checked back into Grenada so we are legally in that country once again.

We had dinner of barracuda and curry chicken at a beach restaurant. We then walked up the beach to listen to the best steel drum band in the Caribbean. Five ladies and two fellows made the most amazing music. Several of the local boys joined in with their bongo drums. Brad, you would have loved this place! They kept up the beat until late in the night. We could hear the band from the boat. We all went to sleep listening to the beat of the Caribbean.

Day 10 Tyrell Bay, Carriacou Island, Grenada Mach 14

It was another early start. Breakfast of banana pancakes put us in the mood for sailing back to True Blue Marina where we will end our cruise. The “Around Grenada sail boat race was taking place today. We saw several
Kite SailboardingKite SailboardingKite Sailboarding

This guy kept this up for 2 hours!
of the boats with their spinnakers flying. We are all a little sad to see our cruise nearing its end. Rick and Wayne will be catching their flight on Jamaica Air at 6:00 AM. Kent, Joe and Luke will spend a few mare days on Grenada and see the sights.

You blog readers may be wondering how this crew got along with each other during this 10 day adventure. Well, we couldn’t have been a more compatible crew. Everyone pitched in with sailing, cooking and cleaning. And we head a great Skipper who kept us safe. We are even planning another cruise on Lake Pepin or Lake Petenwell this summer. That says it all.

Happy sailing everyone!



Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

BreakfastBreakfast
Breakfast

These guys didn't miss any meals.


Tot: 0.144s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 11; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0764s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb