Tyrell Bay


Advertisement
Grenada's flag
Central America Caribbean » Grenada » Carriacou
December 22nd 2007
Published: January 14th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in Tyrell very quickly today. We motor sailed, and part was sailing only. We skidded the Kick em Jenny volcano, past the Sisters and Diamond Island. Arriving in Carriacou. Tyrell Bay is a delightful place to visit. 3 grocery stores, while in one, the ferry had arrived, they brought in a laundry hamper full of beef meat. The locals apparently know when the ferries come in, no sooner had this hamper come in the door, the locals were all over the place. They cut what they want with a very sharp knife provided by the owner of the market, and weight, pay for it, and off they go. Quite interesting! We of course have been sampling rum and beer from all over.
There is a hurricane hole just to the NW of Tyrell Bay, where boats come in when the weather presents itself. There are some remains of some boats that have seen a better time. We met 2nd Millenium again, we had met them this past summer. Melody and John told us this was their hurricane hole. There is also a small boat yard, very reasonable I am told.
We rented a car from our taxi driver, for 50 US a day. 4 wheel, and we didn't need it. We did the whole island, including Windward, hard to get to, where they build boats. Spoke to one of the builders about a boat he had designed and launched this past July, waiting on the Regatta in April, he hopes to wins it. It is like the Family Island Regatta in Georgetown. All the islands come to be represented as far as St. Vincent.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.216s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 13; qc: 61; dbt: 0.1138s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb