Time mush at El Sunzal


Advertisement
Published: January 7th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Tim Version: * Changed hostal to Dizzys "El Hostal", got very very comfortable. * Partied in San Salvador, saw ruins, surfed, chilled, got to know and be close to Eve. The version that follows no chronological order - as the name says, its a mush: Its funny moving from one hostel to another, especially right next door! It feels downright treacherous, but damnit I wanted a fridge heh. And man i... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 64, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Hillside plotsHillside plots
Hillside plots

A little hillside plots shot I grabbed on the way to Juayua, they dot the landscape everywhere!
Juayua market timeJuayua market time
Juayua market time

With the main church in the background, housing a Christo Negro
Colorado and Eve in the UteColorado and Eve in the Ute
Colorado and Eve in the Ute

On the way to Juayua
Santa Ana central cathedralSanta Ana central cathedral
Santa Ana central cathedral

A nice place Santa Ana, very studenty
Santa Ana municipal buildingsSanta Ana municipal buildings
Santa Ana municipal buildings

The style of the whole central area is beautiful
Pagans! Catholics! Confused?Pagans! Catholics! Confused?
Pagans! Catholics! Confused?

Well, actually its in a catholic church... but it reminds me of something pagan, heh which personally I prefer!
Wall mural in JuayuaWall mural in Juayua
Wall mural in Juayua

The place is filled with them, adding a whole lot of colour and life to the town. Even all the street poles are painted!
Just a cafe!Just a cafe!
Just a cafe!

Yet it still had incredible paintings inside near the roof!



27th March 2009

is not racism
lol! im a salvadorean girl, born and raised,I was looking at your blog and i'm glad you liked our contry so much! :) Just wanted to make clear that the weird staring on the locals part is not racism AT ALL! believe me, i should know.... people here are just crazy curious and they are not shy about it! a lot of the time people are a bit "surprised" to see tourist so they, well...stare! the same goes with the girl you where holding hands with. It's just very rare to see that here! maybe they where just girls wondering how they're sister got such a hot australian guy ;) lol. Try wearing a less "tourist style" you know, those kind of shorts with bags on the side and worn off shirts with backpacks that tourist always dress with and you'll see how people stare much less.
5th April 2009

true true...
Heh the staring part yeh I can often understand. Down at the beach there it is pretty well run and touristy though! It was funny though because Id stopped noticing it but the girl I was with still saw it. Again with the girl, if its rare yeh then thats all fair enough... however there are curious stares i.e. on the bus, then there are stares that make you stop in your tracks. A look you tend to learn to watch for as its the kind the precedes a bar fight kinda deal. They were mostly the latter unfortunately =( It was the guys that were giving more dirty looks than the others... Haha yeh less touristy helps a million, wearing jeans, more plain shoes and a shirt not obviously gringo`ish does wonders! With the colour skin though, fitting in still doesn`t happen... unlike here in Brazil now where I first get asked if I am Brazilian, then if I am Argentinian as my Portuguese is terrible, then I explain I`m Australian. THAT is a beautiful feeling =) With all said and done though, El Salvador is unbelievable and worldwide well and truly one of my favourite places to be and has the most incredible people in Central America I think!
17th September 2009

viva EH!
hey dude- i hope you had a blast in Sunzal and will return; the place gets better all the time. I am the other owner of the place, and I appreciate the blog! paz fuera

Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0659s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb