El Salvador


Advertisement
El Salvador's flag
Central America Caribbean » El Salvador » Eastern » Alegría
November 29th 2011
Published: December 5th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Spent 10 days in El Salvador, a country a similar size to Wales. One of the first things we noticed was how polite and courteous everyone was. No-one batted an eyelid at the monstrously tall, ice-cream eating, lost Europeans showing up.

Started off in Alegria, a tiny town which is the highest in the country. A cooler mountain climate was very welcome after escaping the furnace that was San Miguel. Its hard to pick a highlight from the truly stunning views, the eccentric ensemble retro electronic equipment, or rather good coffee but the real winner here, head & shoulders above the rest, was the absolute luxury of a hot shower.

Got rudely forced back to reality by having to brush teeth and shower in salt water in Playa El Tunco. On the plus side, Em got to get battered on a surfboard again, Lexie refused to get battered on a surfboard and spent time on the beach. we apparently watched a surf competition involving the surfing elite of El Salvador AND managed to eat loads of tortillas and nearly a kilo of re-fried beans.

Stupidly missed the food festival in Juayua by a day, but did stay in one of the nicest hostels we have ever been to (complete with warm shower), lovely market,plenty of waterfalls and an oven which would have been brilliant if we hadn't cremated our dinner.

El Salvador is quite like Wales, very pretty but not a lot to do there. Tiddy bit warmer though.
X


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0458s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb