Today we wil leave our new friends! Final day at the site.


Advertisement
Published: February 16th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Today is our final day at the site. We started out the day filling in with sand around the brick in the well. The guys helped mix concrete to be poured in the septic tank. We also smoothed out the dirt around the house and added dirt around all of the side walks. There is a school behind the site and we were able to go up there during snack time. The students were so excited to see us and they loved to have there pictures taken. Then they would want to see them. We also spent the morning making sure everyone signed our shirts and beginning to say our goodbyes. When the students got out of school they also came and signed our shirts. Lewis joined us again today as well as other Habitat for Humanity employees that we have met throughout the week. At around noon we all headed over to the break area next to the site where we had lunch with everybody we had worked with all week. After lunch they began closing ceremonies. They each took turns telling us about the Habitat mission and words of thanks and blessings. They were so appreciative of the help and progress made on the home. They said before we arrived they were behind schedule and now the house should be completed by next Wednesday. Then it was our turn. I know that through all our words that this experience touched everyone deeply. Emotions came through while trying to express our thanks. We were all presented with a certificate of Level 1 build by a community or work site member. We were also given a Habitat for humanity ElSalvador tshirt. Then we all celebrated with ice cream cake. I know from talking to the people in our group that we all got so much more than we gave. Everyone was so welcoming and grateful to us this entire stay.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

The school childrenThe school children
The school children

They we 're so excited for you to take their picture and show them
more students more students
more students

So friendly


Tot: 0.125s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0819s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb