Day 4 Preschool / build/ clinic


Advertisement
Published: February 15th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Today Patty, Helen, Carol and Ashley started by going to a preschool. There was 13 students and 1 teacher. They had a snack time. The teacher drew pictures in each students workbooks of a house, mountain, path and trees. Then they colored them. They also had a story time and the story was Jack and the beanstalk. After that they went back to the tables and worked on writing letters. Helen, Ashley and Carol did puzzles with the students and Patty did English/Spanish flashcards with the students. Everybody else went to the site to begin work. Today was a busy day. We painted, helped the electrician wire the house, mixed concrete, hauled water, soaked bricks,started bricking the septic tank and sifted sand. We got a lot done today!!! Finally we we're able to help with a medical clinic today. This was the first one for the community. Patty took blood pressure, Carol wrote the numbers down for the doctor. Helen and Rhonda took their temperature. Then they waited for doctor. The families are notified by Lillian. She is told by Habitat to tell ten people or families. They limit the amount told because word travels and they know more will show up. When it is their turn to see the doctor they get checked out and if needed they receive free medicine. The doctor is a volunteer and the daughter of an employee of habitat and her full time job is running her own clinic.


Additional photos below
Photos: 32, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Site workersSite workers
Site workers

Family is required to help . The family that will live in this house is harvesting coffee near the volcano. So the uncle Gordinez, and the nephew Wilson are representing them. This picture is of GordinezaGordinezand 2nd mason Carlos.
Salvador the septic masonSalvador the septic mason
Salvador the septic mason

Fun to work with. Smiling most of time. Shared his family with us.
Like father like sonLike father like son
Like father like son

Salvador's son Geovanny


Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0467s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb