Samana Peninsula - Dominican miracle


Advertisement
Published: December 16th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Greetings all,
I wish to show you photos from different places on peninsula Samana. This one of the most remarkable, mysterious and delightful places in Dominican Republic. Santa Barbara de Samana - the oldest regional centre which has appeared with a view of protection of a gulf against piracy invasions in 1756.







Near to Samana there is National Park Los Haitises which involves set of tourists with the tropical beauty. Those who could visit here, hardly will forget the sensations. A wild life of tropics with unique ecosistem - where in pure water dolphins and manaties lap, on rocks the set of swallows and pelicans has found to itself a fine place for nesting, and mangrove thickets organically merge with flora of tropical nature.

The park is famous for one more sight which necessarily should be visited: here there are the mysterious caves spotted with ancient drawings of natives, occupied by the most interesting kinds of bats and having underground lakes with is crystal transparent water. Well, and after research of miracles of Park so it is pleasant to bathe in attracting warm waters of a gulf.

It is possible to visit and remarkable Caribbean treasure - small island under name Cayo Levantado - present paradise for the tourists adoring diving and snorkeling.



On peninsula small cities are located many. One of them - Las Terrenas which has devoted all life to service of tourists is especially interesting. Here always it is possible to find to itself entertainment to taste. Restaurants, bars, discos, beaches and hotels - all is intended that having a rest for ever have remembered this place, and a condition of a constant holiday.

















Besides entertainments, in this small town there are guides who will organise for you any excursion on research of peninsula Samana and will acquaint you with its most secret corners, for example, with practically uninhabited beaches Punta Bonita and Coson or the mountains surrounding all of peninsula.











On peninsula Samana there are also smart falls El Limon, it flows from 30-metre height in the charming lagoon rolling in magnificent vegetation of all shades of an emerald.











Absolutely near of Las Terrenas, it is literally in five minutes of walking, delightful beach El Portillo where there is even the small airport which planes serve local airlines was stretched. Well, and, of course, the greatest sight is the ocean which waters wash warm sand of a beach. Here it is possible to walk simply on coast.

There are remarkable beaches and on other party of peninsula, for example, Payuela, Las Galeras and Los Tocones. They are deserted here again it is possible to admire the nature which human progress has not reached yet.







Samana is very interesting and to fans of exotic animals: here flights of the humpbacked whales coming here from far Arctic waters of Atlantic gather for some time to arrange love games and to bring into the world the next posterity. Some months (from January till March) humpbacked whales lap in warm waters of a gulf.





You can to download our GPS-Tracks absolutely free on this page and to place them to your garmin-gps-device for easily to travel across Dominican Republic



Next time there will be other part of Dominican republic. Continuation is fast.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0502s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb