Cruise - Dominican Republic, La Romana


Advertisement
Published: January 4th 2016
Edit Blog Post

18thDec



Dominican Republic – La Romana



Didn’t have a cruise tour organised, just decided to catch a shuttle bus into town and maybe, if we’d done an organised tour, gone to the ‘tourist spot’ we may have had a better experience at La Romana. As it is…we do not want to come back here. We were taken into ‘town’ where a central market area was organised and was covered with stalls. However, we were so hassled by the stall owners, that we felt overwhelmed and rushed to get through to the other side. We crossed the road and looked at the church and while we were crossing back, was advised by a policeman on a motorbike passing by that John take off his gold necklace as it was likely to be pulled from his neck by a passerby. So…we got the shuttle bus right back to the boat. We didn’t’ have a good feel for the place at all. It’s a shame, and I wonder if we didn’t get an honest perception of the place….or if in fact we did!



WE went back to the port area, and settled into a café to use their wifi and partake in a beverage. Jill and I really enjoyed our Pina Coladas.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0269s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb