So happy with my dream life in the Dominican Republic


Advertisement
Published: June 4th 2009
Edit Blog Post

CapCanaNickCapCanaNickCapCanaNick

this is the Cap Cana Nick Faldo golf course
My husband and I have owned a vacation home in Casa de Campo, La Romana for the past ten years and we couldn't be happier! Both my husband and I are avid golfers so the Dominican Republic is like heaven to us. We plan on retiring here within the next 3 years. Casa de Campo has three golf courses, the most famous is teeth of dog which is my husbands favorite. Teeth of Dog is ranked the number one course in the Caribbean and 34th in the top 100 courses in the world by Golf Magazine. If you are a golf lover you should visit the Dominican Republic the golf here is year round and out of this world!! We also enjoy Cocotal Golf & Country Club in Bavaro, Punta Cana.

Buying property in the Dominican Republic is pretty easy, well at least it was when we invested here. Lately we have been hearing so many stories about Dominican fraud and corruption, its really sad that some bad apples are ruining so many peoples dreams of owning Dominican real estate. The Dominican Republic has so much to offer and its one of the few places in the Caribbean that is
La-Cana-Golf-Course4-lresLa-Cana-Golf-Course4-lresLa-Cana-Golf-Course4-lres

this is golf in punta cana Dominican Republic
still affordable. Dominican corruption can be avoided. We hear so many stories yet we have never had any problems here in the Dominican Republic.
I would advice anyone thinking about investing in Dominican real estate to go for it while it is still affordable. You should search property guides and consumer protection agencies and get as much information as possible about the property you are interested in. I found this website called Dominican Watchdog which I think is very helpful and necessary. Dominican Watchdog is a non-profit consumer protection agency that is dedicate to exposing fraud and corruption in the Dominican property market, they also have a property guide with 10 simple rules on how to avoid fraud and corruption when buying property in the Dominican Republic. If you have been ripped off in the Dominican Republic you can tell Dominican Watchdog and they will expose the crook that ripped you off, in some cases there really isn't much else you can do. Just be careful get a trusted Dominican lawyer and real estate broker. they can help you with that too.

Be safe and check out this beautiful friendly country for yourself!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

rom2 800rom2 800
rom2 800

this is the plaza in Casa de Campo, La romana Dominican Republic near teeth of dog golf course


Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 8; qc: 50; dbt: 0.037s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb