Playing in Paradise . . .


Advertisement
Dominica's flag
Central America Caribbean » Dominica » Roseau
December 18th 2007
Published: December 23rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

We’re in Dominica and I finally got off the ship to go and see some of the island. A group of us hired a taxi to create a tour. I went with my roommate Stephanie (who works as a theatre tech), Logan (another tech), Anna (social host) and Katia (classical trio musician). We went to Emerald Pool.

Our driver took us along roads that twist up and around the mountains. The entire island is covered with incredible lush land. Every turn of the road offers another stunning view of valleys and mountains in shades of vibrant green. Perfect puffy clouds were above and the sun shone. The island is so untouched, undeveloped; it’s natural beauty is well preserved.

Emerald Pool is located in a park that is one of the island’s two UNESCO sites. I’ve now seen quite a few rainforests in different countries, but this one we were in is especially magnificent. Thick, dense, lush, vibrant and absolutely stunning. So many different plants and trees to admire. Stops along the path with views out to the ocean or across a valley to other mountains.

The pool itself is nestled down below the trees. A waterfall pours into
Crew on TourCrew on TourCrew on Tour

Katia, Anna, Logan, Me & Stephanie
it. And all around is brilliant green. The pool is named for the moss that grows on the rocks around the pool.

We swam in the pool, jumped off the rocks, took silly pictures of each other, let the falling water beat down on us. It felt like playing in paradise. I was like a little kid, I couldn’t stop laughing and exclaiming. Over and over I said “this is so incredible”.

And my favourite moment: lying back to float in the cool water looking up at the blue sky through a clearing in the trees, the sunlight trickling it’s way through the leaves.

Everything felt perfect. I’m where I’m meant to be, doing the most incredible things and just could not feel happier or more at peace.



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



23rd December 2007

Beauty of Nature
Sounds amazing babe. Gorgeous photos. Love the tree pose one. So glad you're enjoying the amazingness that is Nature and all it has to offer.

Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0438s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb