Cocktail Cuba!!!


Advertisement
Cuba's flag
Central America Caribbean » Cuba
October 17th 2015
Published: October 17th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Hello!!!



Well after 2 and a half weeks of no internet I finally have some!! Cuba does not have internet yet, well they have the odd wi fi poins where you see hundreds of cubans trying to Access the slow speed internet. I tried this once and it blocked all my accounts.......pain!!

So Cuba was amazing. We began the trip in Havana! After a long flight, arriving late at night to a very hot and humid city was not too fun but we son settled in our tiny room (couldn´t even swing a cat in there) as Matt said!! With the time difference we were up at the crack of dawn the next day exploring..... White, pale, sleepy tourists with no Spanish....By the end of the day Matt had given around 20 pounds out to cuban randoms. One lady in a museum who had too many grandkids, a man with a parrot, some ladies who gave him a Kiss oh and a one legged man! So yes we got scammed or lets say Matt did.



Havana was great, we saw the sights and also took a ride in a 1950s convertible along the malecón. After that we set off to Cinefugos, a Little french town with lovely buildings. We stayed with a doctor there but by doctor in Cuba terms you earn like peanuts!! So most own these Casas, basically tourists stay in peoples homes!! Great idea, room there was amazing, me and Matt had our own beds....result!! However they also offer dinner at these casas, chewy old fish at that one was not so nice.....

Next we hit the road for Trinidad! Well we rushed down the road to find the England rugby match haha! But we did'not find it fortunately!! Trinidad was beautiful, lovely Little historical town, cobbled streets, bars on every corner and White sand beaches...Here we stayed in an amazing casa, they brought us mojitos to our room!! We spent our time there cycling along the coast, on the beach, seeing the surrounding waterfalls, eating loads of amazing fish and drinking lots of rum!! So cheap around a pound a cocktail!! We met two really lovely couples and spent our time with them too.

We then travelled back to Cienfugos a place called Punta Gorda. On arrival Matt selected the accomodation and I did not like. So we had to grab our bags and make a run for it out of there!! This was when we found two cuban guys who took us to a really nice casa, showed us around and took us later that evening to their uncles restaurant, a nice fish restaurant by the sea! Sounds great, but Matt decided due to their generosity he would offer them dinner and drinks! Of course they took that offer up and ordered the shrimps (very expensive!!) and two drinks! 50 pound later they still asked for more money for our bike rides!! So Matt made one big mistake, but if you ride Matt on a bike maybve you'll get a free dinner too....hahahaha!!!

Our last stop was Vinales, a very peaceful and beautiful place, full of caves, mountains, coffee plantations. We really enjoyed here and if you go to Cuba it's well worth a visit!!

So yes it is quite hard to put two and half jam packed weeks in one blog but we have absolutely loved Cuba. The hospitality, food, people, beaches, walks, bars, waterfalls have been brilliant and will be missed!!

I am writing this in some random office in Mexico, a nice lady has let me use the computer, apologies for spellings and gramar this keyboard is odd but im on vacation so who cares......

We are now in Mexico...let the next place begin.......

Advertisement



Tot: 0.152s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0562s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb