Vinales Day Trip with CubaTur


Advertisement
Cuba's flag
Central America Caribbean » Cuba
February 23rd 2013
Published: April 25th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Today was my full day trip to Vinales booked through Cubatur desk at the Hotel Nacional. The tour was conducted in 3 languages. Spanish, English and God knows what.

Today I'm slightly depressed about how crap my Spanish is and that no one on this tour seems to speak English as a Primary Language. Not that I want to chat away all day, but the option to be able to is nice.

Vinales was about 2 hours south of Havana. We stopped at the Valley to get photos and there were people selling souvenirs . Then we stopped at a Tabacco Farm to see how Cigars were made. The farmer rolled a few and handed them out for the group to smoke. We then got invited into the farm house for coffee and snacks.

Next stop was mural de la prehistoria where we were given an included lunch. It was a really nice Cuban Pork meal with Bread, rice, plantains etc. By this time a Swissor Swedish (I can't remember) guy on the bus picked up I didn't speak anything but English so he started talking to me in English so I tagged along with him and his friend the rest of the tour. After the Mural we headed into some caves before heading back to Havana. Its a long day but if you can't get down to Vinales for longer its a day trip worth doing. It pretty much covers all the must sees in Vinales.


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.17s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 64; dbt: 0.0699s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb