Costa Rica


Advertisement
Published: January 29th 2016
Edit Blog Post

White face monkeyWhite face monkeyWhite face monkey

He joined me for lunch
We were in Costa Rica January 1 - 10, 2016. Since this blog is taking place after the fact it will be a week in a nut shell. It was about a 45 minute windy, hilly drive from the airport. We stayed at the Four Seasons for two nights before going to the Exclusive Resorts house we had for the next seven nights. The first morning a very strange sound woke us up at 5:30 am. In Ohio you have roosters to wake you up, not in Costa Rica, it was a howler monkey. They are all black and hang out in the trees howling looking for fruit and nuts.

Once we got to the house our means of transportation was a golf cart for the one restaurant Puri Puri and the fitness center, otherwise we had to call for a shuttle to go to the beach club, golf and back to the Four Season restaurants.

Costa Rica is an arid jungle - during their dry season you will find cacti growing amonst the vines hanging from the trees. There are a bunch of different kinds a insects, birds and wildlife. Along with the howler monkeys waking us up we had white face monkeys on our deck looking for food and playing and an anteater payed us a visit one morning (ugly looking thing).

It was a very quiet relaxing low key vacation.


Additional photos below
Photos: 27, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Peninsula PapagayoPeninsula Papagayo
Peninsula Papagayo

This is the area we stayed
Tico's Tico's
Tico's

Restaurant at the Four Seasons
Beach ClubBeach Club
Beach Club

The beach had black sand.






Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0431s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb