Driving in Costa Rica


Advertisement
Published: October 5th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Driving, windows down, wind blowing in your hair, music playing what could be more relaxing. I used to enjoy driving. A long drive alone was often just what the doctor ordered when life got to be too much. Driving was therapy. Having lived in Florida for a few years when younger, I traveled many miles up and down the treasure coast. Near Boca Raton there was a place where you drove thru a tunnel... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 30, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

people crossing the highwaypeople crossing the highway
people crossing the highway

They don't run... they saunter across.
Near PavasNear Pavas
Near Pavas

Couldn't help but take this picture.
blocking trafficblocking traffic
blocking traffic

He's blocking traffic trying to get around another wreck. No one could go anywhere.



6th October 2006

Excellent Blog!
I couldn't agree with you more . . .Don't move to a country and then constantly complain or compare it to the place you left. If you don't like it, just stay home! Hope you and your family are all well!
22nd February 2007

from San Diego
I'm from San Diego and I know EXACTLY what you are talking about in regards to the Carlsbad PCH Drive... living in Cardiff by the Sea, this drive has always has been one of my fav's (FYI, Pea Soup Andersons = TGIFridays). Love your blog! Takes me back to my 2-weeker in CR (late 2005). I'm saving up to go back to Naranjo and Grecia to see all the great friends I made there. Tico's are so genuine and I vow to return. Keep up your site cause I love the pictures!! In return for helping me re-live such fond memories, I thought I'd help you out ;) a little something I found for you... http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/photo/1061133357027375118QIwiAq scroll to the bottom and reminisce over roads from torrey pines all the way to the carlsbad power plant! http://www.westcoastroads.com/california/us-101a_ca.html Pura Vida!! P.S. I LOVED driving in CR... it was like a match made in Heaven! :)
22nd February 2007

Awesome! Thanks Paul
I can't wait to check out the site. Pea Soup Anderson's/TGI Fridays, what a waste!!!! Are the flower fields still there? We'll be in San Deigo in July when Bill's son gets married. Our first trip back to the states. I'm looking forward to driving Palomar Airport road and seeing the changes. My mom sent us pics from the Carlsbad street fair last fall. It's amazing how things have changed so much. When I first moved to Carlsbad my 1st hubby and I survived on happy hour at Fidels. The last time we were there Fidels had turned upscale. If and when you make it back down here be sure to look us up.
22nd February 2007

Thanks for the tears Paul!
WOW!!! The first glimpse of the flowers brought tears to my eyes! What a special gift you sent me! I can't thank you enough. Jen

Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 20; dbt: 0.0392s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb