From San Jose to Sixaola


Advertisement
Published: March 18th 2005
Edit Blog Post

We had a very early start to get the 6am bus to Sixaola. While we were having a cup of coffee in the bus station a bird flew over us and dropped a load on Hannah. We couldn't believe a bird could hold so much poo and that it could smell so bad!! Needless to say Hannah was not amused! And to add insult to injury we had to pay for toilet roll when we went to try to clean her up!!

The trip down to Sixaola was OK. Passed through lots of jungle and when we got to the Caribbean side thare were acres of bananas. They wrap the bunches in blue bags when they are small and they grow into the bag - so all you see are banana trees with blue bags hanging off them.

The road from Puerto Viejo to Sixaola was a bit rough after the floods. And the town was still showing signs of the devastation. When we were crossing the border there was an American girl in front of us who was not impressed that she had to pay $5 to enter Panama and we didn't have to pay anything. One of the good things about being European!

The boat trip from Changuinola to Bocas was great. Simon was "well impressed".



Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0324s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb