Day 4...Travel to Monteverde


Advertisement
Published: March 8th 2005
Edit Blog Post

CoatiCoatiCoati

The white nosed coati, a relative to the racoon.
Today we left our beautiful accomodations at the base of the Arenal Volcano and departed for Monteverde. Looking at a map, one would guess it would be a quick trip, but in Costa Rica, it is not quick to get anywhere. Get out your map of Costa Rica and you can follow our travels around Lake Arenal and across the continental divide to Monteverde. It was as usual, a beautiful drive and we enjoyed a few of interesting stops along the way. The first included an encounter with a group of white nosed coati, which you see in this picture, the next, a visit to a German bakery and the last allowed us to visit a local grocery store. The rest of the journey followed a gravel road and was quite the ride. We are all grateful for our amazing driver, Alex. Our resort here is beautiful, overlooking the cloud forest. From some rooms you can see Nicoya Bay, which is about 40 miles away! We watched a beautiful sunset and enjoyed another delicious Costa Rican dinner. ¡Buenas noches!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0299s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb