A Day in the Rain Forest


Advertisement
Published: January 14th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Exhilarated by the day we spent in the Costa Rican rain forest. Early morning breakfast at the hotel where we have made friends with the girls who serve us breakfast. Betty and Lotus. We make them laugh every day as we try to speak Spanish with them. They so appreciate how hard we try. We call them our Professores. That makes them laugh even more. It's a great way to start your day.

On to the Peace Lodge, LaPaz Waterfall Garden. 79 acres of wildlife and rainforest to explore. I vowed when I came to Costa Rica I would move out of my comfort zone and try new things. And I did today. While Brian and Bruce found a multitude of exotic bird life to photograph, Susan and I ventured on a hiking trail away from the beaten path where we literally did not see another person for over an hour. The trail went along side the La Paz River and was a challenging climb at times. But we did it and we saw some amazing sights. When we got back to the lodge we started down the trails to the waterfall. Another less challenging trial but even so not for the light of heart. Amazing cascading waterfalls, one right after another, some as high as 150 ft. We were soaked by the spray. Exhausted but exhilarated we returned to our hotel ready for a good nights rest. I'm amazed that we are in bed asleep by ten the last few nights.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0405s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb