Hooray for camera repair shops!


Advertisement
Published: July 18th 2006
Edit Blog Post

We had a flight booked to head out to Tortuguero at 5:45am, which meant being at the airport at 5am, which meant getting a taxi at 4:30am, which meant getting up at 4:15am - hooray! We had decided to stay another day in San Jose to try and get my camera repaired, since I didn't want to lug it around if it was no use. We tried calling the airline to see if we could change the ticket but had no luck, so we just caught the taxi out to the airport anyway to change the flight if we could, or, catch the flight if the ticket could not be changed.

Fortunately the flight was easily changed and we headed back to the hotel, checked back in and went back to bed! We got up later and explored the city some more, and after some detective work, found the Canon camera repair shop. Of course, they didn't speak english and I only knew a few words of spanish, but we ended getting the job done and they said to come back on thursday.

We saw some more of the sights around tow, including a butterfly garden with a lot of the spectaular big blue Morpho butterflies. We found the people in San Jose to be a friendly lot, and it was amusing to see how politely they all lined up at the bus stop.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0554s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb