Angry at America and Sloths


Advertisement
Published: February 27th 2005
Edit Blog Post

With classes starting tomorrow i though it would be a good idea to write about the last few days which have been very enlightening for me. I can honestly say that i received my first 'American resistance' the other day at a Costa Rican party. The party had about 10 people with our group consisting of two Americans, one Mexican, and one Canadian. As the night progressed it was easy to see their animosity towards America, mostly political. Many students as well as the general pubic have been protesting the TLC (a central American version of NAFTA), they don't want American companies entering the Costa Rican market--one example was with bell south (an electric company). It also seems that almost everyone here does not agree with how America handled the war and what they are doing to control the situation. I am happy to say that as we talked their views changed a little bit in that they weren't mad at us specifically but rather with the political agenda of the United States.

On a totally different subject, i was running today in the university and i saw a sloth just walking down the street. It wasn't the best looking animal i have seen but nonetheless it was very cool to see it.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0342s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb