Costa Rica


Advertisement
Published: December 11th 2015
Edit Blog Post

http://Thursday



This morning we had to leave this lovely hostel and our monkey friends. The host called a taxi for us, and it was very prompt. A car drove past us, turned around, stopped by us, and a young man with dreadlocks smiled and said, "I'm the taxi guy." Made me smile.

This taxi was actually a vehicle. The taxi that took us up to the hostel was a pick-up truck. Our luggage went inside the railings in the back, and we shared the one extra seat in the front (after the driver wiped it off and put down a towel for us!)



Taxi got us down to Uvita, where the bus station was in front of a large open cafeteria area with much seating. A good place to wait. We got there about 45 minutes early and already had our tickets. Bus was scheduled to leave at 8:45am, but actually left at 9:30am. They are usually very prompt. The trip to San Jose took about 3.5 hours. We went back up along the coast and then straight east into San Jose. On the map it looks much shorter just going north into San Jose from Uvita through the mountains, but this would have taken much longer.



Once in San Jose, we took a taxi to Hotel Quinta Avenita, where we stayed when we first came to Costa Rica. Took a short walk, found a good Soda for a late lunch, then walked to another bus depot to get tickets to Carari, the first leg of our trip to Tortuguero. Rain started to pour down when we were eating, let up a little for the depot walk, then really started in again. Took a taxi back to the hotel. Driver didn't really know where he was going, but dropped us off and said the hotel was about a block to the right. Turned out to be quite a bit further!



Tomorrow we start our adventure to the other coast of Costa Rica.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.037s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 12; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0136s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb