Day 18 - The Swede Arrives


Advertisement
Published: September 29th 2008
Edit Blog Post

RefreshingRefreshingRefreshing

Ice Cold.
Day 18 - The Swede Arrives
September 21, 2008

After breakfast I went on a steep, fairly long hike with some ISA ladies. It was a nice hike along the base of the volcano, through green hills, that ended up at a pretty sweet lookout.

Went back to the hotel to chill. Our hotel had a bunch of pools and waterslides all over. I love waterslides. A lot. If waterslides were a musical act, I would have booked them for Quadstock. I hung out with Kaitlin around the pool and waterslides pretty much all morning. Really chill, relaxing, unique, and fun experience.

When Matt and I got home, the new Swedish lady was here. We have a 30 year old Swedish kindergarten teacher living with us because she is volunteering at an orphanage until December. She’s really cool, but she doesn’t know a word of Spanish; she’s pretty anxious about everything, but it’s going to be nice to have her around.

Also, Coke is its own commercial always. I talked with Nick about this when we had lunch in humid, sticky, sweltering La Fortuna. Almost nothing sounds as good as an icy bottle of Coca-Cola in that situation. But then we thought, Coke is almost always good when it’s cold. Even in the snow or a blizzard, a cold Coke is delicious. Everytime you drink Coke, you are in your own commercial when you tilt your head back. By the way, I like Pepsi better.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.175s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.1326s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb