Costa Rica - Pura Vida


Advertisement
Published: January 22nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Hola from Costa Rica,

It has been a lovely week here! I have been with Caroline this week and it has been lovely to spend time with a friend!

We have had a week of pampering with high end hotels which has been such a treat.

We arrived in San Jose and spent a day enjoying commercialism. I felt a bit shell shocked after Cuba. We went to have coffee, nice food and watched a movie. Costa Rica is a very well developed 3rd world country. It is also very expensive!

We visited La Fortuna for 2 days which sits at the base of Volcano Arenal - another active volcano. We spent the first afternoon cooking in the hotsprings and drinking cocktails at $11 a go. It was very pleasant. The second day we went on a boat in the Caño Negro and did some wildlife watching. We saw lizards, monkeys, plenty of birds, caiman's and a slough!

Then we went to Monteverde. We enjoyed some more nature walks and saw more birds, monkeys, and tarantulas. The last morning we went zip wiring through the forest canopies. It was so much fun. The last wire was 1km long and very fast. There was also a Tarzan swing which was terrifying!

Now we are waiting for our transport back to San Jose and tonight we meet the Raleigh team. I have to admit that I am apprehensive about the next ten weeks but i´m sure we will be fine!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0365s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb