monteverde.. No artificial ingredients.. stunning!!!


Advertisement
Published: August 10th 2010
Edit Blog Post

This cloudy forest is the proud of costaricans. Amazing landscapes, wild life , fauna, flora, wonderfull sunsets,skywalks,romantic places,exotic rivers, canopy.... like the heaven.. this is the meaning of monteverde, the paradise of million people likes to watch exotic birds, quiet walks on natural trails full of vegetation and weird animals better known as part of the costa rica's seven wonders and has been callen by national geographic the jewel in the crown of cloud forest reserves.

The bulk of Monteverde's rain forest and cloud forest can be found in the Reserva Biológica Bosque Nuboso Monteverde, a private nature reserve created in 1972 by scientist George Powell and Quaker Wilford Guindon. The area around the park entrance is the most visited, though camping deep in the reserve is possible with reservations. Nine main trails, which total 13 km, are well-kept and easy to access. The reserve features a large network of less accessible trails and a number of rustic research stations, two of which house 10 persons each, as well as one research station that can house as many as 43 persons, though these can now only be used by researchers.
Arguably the main attraction of Monteverde, the massive 10,500 hectare Reserva Biológica Bosque Nuboso Monteverde draws 70,000 tourists a year.

It is known as the site with the largest number of orchids in the world, with 34 of its 500 species newly discovered. Over 60 species of amphibians, including the extinct Monteverde-endemic golden toad, have been found in Monteverde. This area is also a stop for 91 species of migratory birds. The famed quetzal resides here seasonally. The mammals of Monteverde include representatives from both North and South America as endemic species. The mammalian fauna of the region includes six species of marsupials, three muskrats, at least 58 bats, three primates, seven edentates, two rabbits, one ground hog, three species of squirrels, one species of spiny mouse, at least 15 species of long-tailed rats and mice (Muridae family); one species of porcupine, one species of agouti, one of pacca, two canids, five mustelids, four species of procyonids, six species of felines, two species of wild pigs, two species of deer, and one species of tapir.
In terms of nature-related attractions, Monteverde boasts a modest array of businesses. There are several serpentariums, insect museums, butterfly gardens and other zoological attractions in the area. A surge in these types of attractions has occurred within the last five years. Zip lines and suspension bridges through surrounding forest have also become popular. Other activities include horseback riding and mountain biking. The town of Santa Elena also includes several bars and restaurants providing everything from typical Costa Rican food to home-made pizza.

Costa Rica has been blessed to have a beautiful place like this.



Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

MONTEVERDEMONTEVERDE
MONTEVERDE

MONTEVERDE
MONTEVERDEMONTEVERDE
MONTEVERDE

CAPUCHIN MONKEY
MONTEVERDEMONTEVERDE
MONTEVERDE

MONTEVERDE RIVER
MONTEVERDEMONTEVERDE
MONTEVERDE

MANIGORDO
MONTEVERDEMONTEVERDE
MONTEVERDE

IN CANOPY!!!!!!!!!!!!
MONTEVERDEMONTEVERDE
MONTEVERDE

TUCANO
MONTEVERDEMONTEVERDE
MONTEVERDE

FRESH CLEAN WATER, ROMANTIC PLACE!!! FOR MY EXPERIENCE ...I SUGGEST IT!!!!
MONTEVERDEMONTEVERDE
MONTEVERDE

RAIN BOW
MONTEVERDEMONTEVERDE
MONTEVERDE

SO SLOW!
MONTEVERDEMONTEVERDE
MONTEVERDE

MONTEVERDE ENTRANCE
MONTEVERDEMONTEVERDE
MONTEVERDE

SNAKES MAKING LOVE???
MONTEVERDEMONTEVERDE
MONTEVERDE

THE HEAVEN!!!!! A DREAM..
MONTEVERDEMONTEVERDE
MONTEVERDE

SCARIEST ROADS IN THE WORLD!!!
MONTEVERDEMONTEVERDE
MONTEVERDE

LIZARDS!!!!
MONTEVERDEMONTEVERDE
MONTEVERDE

A VERY VERY ROMANTIC PLACE, OHH I REMEMBER...NAKED I WARRANTE YOU NOBODY WILL SEE YA, I FELT LIKE ADAM AND EVA IN THE PARADISE!!!
MONTEVERDEMONTEVERDE
MONTEVERDE

THIS BUDDY WOKE ME UP!!! HOWLER MONKEY


10th August 2010

awesome
OMG, this is the real paradise i ever seen in my life!!!!
10th August 2010

costa rica
Nice place, you most to be proud about it...

Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0379s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb