tree top thursday


Advertisement
Published: January 20th 2006
Edit Blog Post

jill here typing...


WELL. what an adventure....wholly crap!! it began with us signing up for the tour at the lobby...and being told that 2 of the hottest guys at our hotel (bruno and frank---from Paris) were to be our partners!! TRES MARVELOUS!!!

we began speaking---them with their french broken accents...about the day ahead of us...and me telling them i was a bit afraid of the speed of the canopy...to which they replied sheepishly..."we will push you!" they then laughed as if it was cute....not so much.

they bus picked us up and we traveled up the main drag and loaded the bus with all the gays along the way that had signed up. our tour guide...jose--complete with mohawk and spike piecing thru his under lip---hmm...he was a totally michael libatore twin...odd? michael are you shooting on location here in costa rica?

the bus ride was a bit much for me...almost didnt make it.....weep wow belly climbing the moutain to the "ranch".

once their we were harnessed up and were given 2 minutes of explanation and told of the guidelines and sent about. we were broken into 2 sets of 6 groups....the fun group-ours---and the other. we of course aligned ourselves with bruno and frank---who by the way are not a couple...which i dutifully found out and pushed danny towards either of them.

(Danny Here...)
I have to say the whole Harness thing around your waist was pretty damn sexy untill like a herd of cows we all started trecking up the hill our gear clanging and hitting various private parts. OUCH!

IT WAS A BLAST... Fast was the word of the day for me. Especially traveling behind Frank and Bruno. They took such good care of our girl JIll. WHO on her first Zip line - panicked and grabbed the cable - a no no- stopped herself mid air and had to pull herserlf to the next platform where she was admonished by the CUTE (Jimmy - even you would have done this tour) Guide.
We all got the hang of it - I tended to fly at a high rate of speed with my ass flinging forward into the waiting arms of our guides. Part of the whole experience is repelling down 150 feet to another platform. JILL ROCKED. Now going fast is not for our girl BUT hanging by a single rope and lowering yourself over an edge into the depths of a jungle was just for her. Every one clapped!

ALL the boys loved her. The cutest guide asked me why she was with ALL THESE MEN. I explaned she was single. "no girlfriend" he said. "yes", I replied "single". "maybe she'd like me as a boyfriend?" he said..."Well maybe if we Bleach your hair." I replied and zipped to the next platform. It was totally Mission Impossible.

Jill in the midst of this gave into fear and started releasing her arms and traveling upside down. Yes people...SHE DID. I was so proud. My little lesbian flying amonst the trees....UNTILL her camera fell to the depths of the jungle floor...AND the CUTE GUIDE....told her " I know where it is". And zipped back...dropped to the jungle floor and found her slightly worse for wear cannon camera. Jill thanked him with a kiss and a promise of marriage. She will not be returning with me and will be giving guided canopy tours for the rest of her days....

We were fed, laughed. Get a group of gay guys and gal, let them fly amongst the trees and hilarity WILL ensue.

Mark and Peter greeted us at the pool for our sunset ritual by the infinity pool (Jimmy). We invited our new friends Frank & Bruno to dinner at an Italian rest. Costa Rican Italian. Complete with Iceberg lettuce for your salad topped with raw beets. Yum!

We hit the THURSDAY night "Party" at a local club and stayed for a few. Too crowded and steamy for our tired selves. But Fun.

Today Jill is off to the beach market to buy you all numorous gifts and trickets (no Jimmy what you want doesn't fit in the overhead compartment) and then off to our beach to sun..

Love you all dearly, and it is going way too fast. Life is good...and we are tan....and you are not....

ha...ha..
Danny and Jill....


Advertisement



20th January 2006

It has become clear to us that you, Danny, have clearly missed your calling in life and need to write travel blog full time. we would surley subscribe to fund your adventures with Jill, of course.....

Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0407s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb