Beach Time!!!


Advertisement
Published: September 2nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Today we woke up at 6am to meet the Dutch couple and our shuttle driver outside of our hotel at 7am. we were sad to leave the friendly and energetic people we met in Pension Santa Elena, but we were so happy to be heading towards the beach. The ride was definitely bumpy. Costa Rica doesn’t have the money to repave their roads, so if they’re in ok condition, they leave it as is. Other than that, the ride was pretty nice. We chatted with the Dutch couple, who were extremely nice and very sweet. They told us we weren’t stereotypical Americans let alone one’s who used to live in LA. You can’t imagine how nice that is to hear. After a 4 hour ride, we were finally in paradise. This place was so gorgeous. And the waves, wow. I have never seen such huge waves. The force of the waves was tremendous. We checked into our beautiful room with a view of the ocean and all it’s glory and then headed down to the sand to pass out in the sun. the black sand is super hot but very pretty. We took tons of photos, which, once again, will be put up when I have more reliable internet. After about an hour in the sun, we were boiling and decided to head to the tiny pool at our place. It was so absolutely refreshing to be in such a picturesque spot with the waves constantly crashing. Since Playa Hermosa is only 1 km long, we decided to head into Jaco to get some grub. The people at our place recommended a few places and we ended up at this place called Taco Bar. It was delicious. Not only did it have great food, but such an awesome atmosphere. The seats were bar stools and swings. You could order a taco and then have a taste of a plethora of their unique salads and other tasties. As we sat eating our food and taking it all in, this guy walks up with the CUTEST albino boxer. It was about 2 months old and super feisty. We ended up staying at the restaurant for a good while just chatting with the owner of the dog. All the locals in Jaco are a lot nicer in general than everywhere in Costa Rica. It was the first time we talked to someone without them either trying to holler or sell us something. The guys name was Sebastian and he just recently moved from Miami to Jaco because the surf is perfect and the lifestyle is so relaxed. He was quite the character but it was fun to talk to him and his friend that work at the place. The owners of the restaurant are Israelis and Karin and I agreed that it would make a serious killing in any beach town in Ca. After lunch, we walked around and grabbed some stuff for our room and headed back to our hotel. We walked down the beach and watched the insane surfers do their things with the sun quickly setting behind them. I decided to take a dip, which ended up being a great idea. As I was wading in 2 feet of water, a huge wave crashed and the force literally swept me off my feet. It actually was an amazing feeling. I wasn’t sucked under or anything just got to fly for a little bit. YAY! So with my bathing suit full of sand, we headed back to our place to have some dinner. After some tasty fish, we headed back to Jaco to attempt Costa Rican nightlife once again. We ended up getting a ride and going out with a friendly guy from our hotel, but boy could the kid talk. He literally cut us off so that he could tell us more stories. Don’t get me wrong, it was fun to listen to and he was well-traveled and very cultures, but we were tired…There wasn’t much else going on in Jaco because it was a Sunday night, so we called it an early night and were lulled to sleep by the calming sounds of waves.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0336s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb