Funny where our feet will take us


Advertisement
Published: June 20th 2006
Edit Blog Post

So by now we were sure we would be woriking away at an established organic farm with several other interesting wwoofers. Scarfing back delicious raw food cusine while having in depth conversations about different aspects of non religious spirituality and than in our leisure time taking part in the yoga workshops that were advertised when we agreed to stay at RAWTREAT for the first two weeks of the summer.
Instead we're staying with a wonderful man named Robert who couldn't be happier to host us on a whim.
Being a little silly as we both are from time to time we forgot to take into account the fact that ehre in Costa Rica it is wonter time, meanign the sun doesn't wait out untill 8 or 9 pm like it does in Canada's summer months, but goes to sleep around 5 or 6 pm. This error left us at a bus station just outside of Rio Claro, with instructions on how to find our way to the Rawtreat... Luckily Robert was nearby and told us that there was no way we'd be able to find the place in the dark. He offered us a bed ar his house and was quick to ensure we were well fed.
The next morning we set off to find Ray, caretaker of Rawtreat. Robert is fairly certain that the farm has been sold and that Ray now lives in a tree house by himself (not quite the RAWTREAT that we had expected)
Nearly an hour later we've run out of water and hope that we will find the farm, heading back to Roberts house (defeated) Ray passes us on his bike and says that he will be back in an hour to show us how to get to the farm.
As it turns out Robert was correct, the land has been sold, Ray lives in a very spiffy tree house all by himself and has no other wwoofers curently. Dissapointed, we had to tell Ray that our hopes for his farm included what we had earlier read about the farm which didn't exist any longer.
Robert has been more than hospitable towards us, Yesterday we made our own palm oil soup from scratch. it was delicious!
We intend to head to Uvita to our second farm tommorrow morning. Will be sad to leave such a great place here in Rio Claro with Robert but we have hope that we will meet many other fabulous people on our journey!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0564s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb