Start of New Year


Advertisement
Published: January 3rd 2016
Edit Blog Post

We woke up to rain on January 1st and after breakfast (Crazy Lobster closed - hangovers!), we walked very leisurely with Ruthie to Black Beach, so called because of the very black sand. This is where nephew Ian's ashes were scattered just over a year ago. We then had an even more leisurely lunch (for this read really slow service from few staff and a little hung over).In the afternoon Roger treated us to a coffee roasting demonstration, black smoke billowing everywhere but the smell was gorgeous. It has been great to meet up with everyone in Puerto Viego and Roger and Lisa are generous and welcoming hosts. January 2nd was a travel day starting with 5am pickup. After a car, bus and boat ride on a river we arrived in Tortuguerra national park which will be our home for the next two days. The lodges are really luxurious and food is good which is always important for the Waylors. We spent a couple of hours on the beach where turtles lay their eggs and you guessed it - it is called "turtle beach". Sadly it is off season for turtles so Malcolm and John bought ice creams to pass the time and Suzanne bought a pair of earrings. But we did get to wear our stylish rain ponchos as it was pouring with rain. No kidding the crowds looked longingly and enviously at the four of us. Looking forward to zip wire in forest tomorrow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



3rd January 2016
Ready for all weathers!

Ponchos
Traveling in style! If ever there was a justification for carrying a selfie stick into the jungle, it was to capture the moment of all four of you in matching ponchos!
3rd January 2016
Ready for all weathers!

Made the bunts chuckle
This is so funny, made us chuckle ,
4th January 2016

Finally looked through your blog!
Loved catching up with you travels so far, sone great family photos with the Rutter clan, I can hear a massive 'eeeeeeeee' from heaven!

Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0613s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb