New Years Eve


Advertisement
Published: January 1st 2016
Edit Blog Post

What a busy day! After breakfasting at the Crazy Lobster beach café where Malcolm met his soul mate Rasta man, we hired bikes from Café Rico and cycled down the coast until we nearly reached Panama – at least it felt like it! Lisa took us to a fabulous isolated beach on the way, where Malcolm brought out his selfie stick for the first time. If we have the technology we will show you his photo. There were coconuts and almonds on the beach and the views were idyllic. We lunched on the way back at another superb café (we have eaten well here!) where we discovered Rondon – a Caribbean fish and crab soup. Barely had we returned to Café Rico when we were up and off with Roger, Lisa and Ruthie to a nearby flea market – no bargains to be had. Then off to Cahuita national park where we saw sloths and Capuchin monkeys for the first time and got another soaking in the rain. Back home and showered we were delighted to meet up with Rupert, Kerry and family who were holidaying in the area. For one amazing New Years Eve we had a gathering of the Canadian and Costa Rican arms of the Rutter clan with their Aunties and Uncles from the UK in attendance – it was surreal! We all dined handsomely at Congo Reef restaurant and then the last ones standing – that’s us – went down to the beach to see in the New Year with fireworks. What an amazing day!


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Countdown.Countdown.
Countdown.

On the beach at midnight


2nd January 2016
Malcolm with selfie stick

Selfie stick!
Ha ha ha your pic of my dad's selfie stick in action is one of my favorite photos in a long time, I love it!
2nd January 2016
Sisters

Sisters
Aaah, what a lovely moment captured here.
3rd January 2016

Happy new year
What a funny post, I laughed at my dads soul mate friend, just wish he had managed to get a photo of himself with his new friend with his new selfie stick!! The pic of the sisters on the beach is lovely. You guys are just having the most amazing time, because you can! X

Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0478s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb