A day in the carribean life....


Advertisement
Published: August 24th 2007
Edit Blog Post

The BeachThe BeachThe Beach

Thsi is where we spent the day
Hi All,

This entry has one purpose and that is purely to make you all jealous.

We are still on the caribbean coast of Costa Rica and the bad weather associated with hurricane Dean has past us by, let me tell you how we are spending our time......

We awoke yesterday morning in our tree house like room on the top of the hotel, due to the weather being so agreeable there is no need for windows and the walls were only chest height so in all directions we could see the beautiful blue sky. After lolling around for a while we got up and made our way down to the beach (one street away) for breakfast. We sat in a cute little cafe and had croissants (selection of ham and cheese, jam or chocolate) and coffee, after letting this go down we went for a swim to cool off, I thought of you all back home as I lay in the gentle swell with schools of fish swimming between my feet.

About this time we decided we ought to do something constructive with the day so we went back to the room, packed up our rucksacks and headed to the bus stop, we boarded a bus heading to a little town called Manzanillo, this was literally the end of the line and half an hour later the bus dropped us off turned round and headed back the way it had come. It was fairly easy to find somewhere to stay, there were only four streets and three guest houses, we chose one a little way back from the beach (less mosquitoes) and changed into our swimming gear again. The afternoon was whilled away snorkelling, exploring the beach and sunbathing. As evening approached we lay on the still warm beach watching the sunset. That night we had a whole three places to eat to choose from all within sight of each other. After a great meal and a couple of drinks we retired to bed early, after all it had been a most exhausting day.

Congrats to Holly on her amazing GCSE results, hope you have been celebrating in style!!

Love Trev and Jo xxx


Advertisement



Tot: 0.13s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0577s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb