The Jamaica City


Advertisement
Published: September 10th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We have been in a little town right now called Puerto Viejo for 3 nights, and its really laid back and fun. Everyone here is from Jamaica. Im extremely tempted to get dreads, but Ido and Jen are not letting me!! There are also a lot of kittens in this town...lucky for me. We travelled to Cahuita today with Ido and Ori, another boy who grew up in the States but is now from Israel. Cahuita is a national park along a really nice beach were we walked in the jungle, saw an igauna, a HUGE poisonous spider, an anteater, and got attacked by enormous army ants. It was actually quite terrifying, they cling to your skin and try to crawl up your legs. My feet still hurt from being bitten. But the ocean was sooo nice, and I took lots of pictures. We went quite far out into the tide, and I was a little sketched out about these so called "stones" that I was walking on, and then they turned to be real silver dollar animals, hundreds of them just scattered on the sand beneath us. There was also lots of crabs. Everywhere.

Oour hostel right now is full of character. Its made up of mosaics and grafiti and there are only a few rooms...its mostly just the hammock hotel and tenting thats set up upstairs. Its pretty neat.

Tomorrow were taking a shuttle over to Bocas Islands in Panama. Im really excited, it will be nice to get out of Costa Rica...its really expensive here, especially in the little towns that get a lot of tourist traffic. The Bocas islands are supposed to be beautiful.

We've met so many amazing people here from all over, and Im having the best time ever. I miss home a little, but this was definatley the right thing to do instead of going to school. I wish I would have had more time to fly to guatamela from panama and then work my way down before tortuguero...but at least this way I can do panama and nicauragua and costa without being in a rush. Maybe after the project Ill go to honduras and guatamela. Im thinking of staying the full six months now that Im here. We'll see. South America is tempting as well.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0335s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb