Hey everybody


Advertisement
Costa Rica's flag
Central America Caribbean » Costa Rica » Heredia
October 15th 2008
Published: October 15th 2008
Edit Blog Post

I am actually here for 1 1/2 month and my daily routine changed as university started last week. From now on I spend almost two hours in a bus per day! Though the u is just about 40 km away from my town it takes me more than one hour to get there in the morning cause of the traffic in the rush hour. It's mostly stop and go and thus those people who only want to cover short distances use to walk next to the highway. It's hilarious to see them being faster than we are on our bus.
Moreover my stop is the last one for my bus so it's already completely full when it arrives and I hardly never can sit which is pretty uncomfortable cause neither the buses nor the driving style is comparable to Germany.
But inspite of everything I really enjoy attending the u! It's a lot to study and I'm pretty busy managing homework, the family, travelling and meeting up with new people. I met some really nice Germans and Americans, unfortunately we still mostly speak English but we're intending to change that soon ;-)
Yesterday all foreign students met and everyone had to tell something about his/her country and had to bring typical food cause of a costa rican public holiday on Sunday which is called "Day of Cultures". Thus the German group had met on Sunday to make rissoles and potato salad and I had to prepare a speech about Hamburg.
It was pretty cool to learn about the different cultures and especially to taste the food of each group ;-)
Apart from the u I met some other germans and Costa Ricans with whom I went to a volcano two weeks ago. Unfortunately it started to rain a lot when we had just arrived the top but due to that we were lucky and had a really clear view which was awesome! Besides we had a lot of fun cause nobody else was there and later we could warm up with coffee and food while waiting for the bus back home.
Further Patricks birthday was on Monday, so the whole family was here, this weekend will be the second party and then another big one in November when his Dad is back from Germany.
And people here are not only getting ready for halloween but also for Christmas! Since the end of September stores are full of spiders, witches, pumpkins.. and Santa Clauses, Christmas trees, decorations AND Christmas songs!! which is annoying! ;-)
That's it so far. Hope everyone is well!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



28th October 2008

Hallooooooooo
Liebe, liebe Anne! Dein Blog ist toll! Ich freue mich uber jeden Eintrag! Machs gut, meine liebe und lass mal von dir hoeren! Ich musste grad extra bis nach kumasi fahren um ins internet zu gehen, weil sonst ueberall stromausfall ist. wie sooooo oft! =) auf jeden fall wuensche ich dir alles gute! Bis bald, Deine Lucie

Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0472s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb