Tamarindo and Brasilito


Advertisement
Published: December 15th 2016
Edit Blog Post

The beach at Tamarindo is spectacular, but others - so many others - had found it in 2006 and I can imagine how many more by 2016 by hiking away from the beach and coming upon another sea - endless retirement homes being erected in suburban unison, but for me it was fine for a day walking on playa grande and paying to cross the croc-infested estuary, and along naked stretches of sandy beach with jagged boulders scattered for miles (all developed today, no doubt) and then back to the estuary just before dark, this time crossing on foot, frightened with water to my chest, and then air drying on the bank, watching the pelicans rise effortlessly from wind of the sea, circle and then dive into the estuary, float and rest till the fresh water takes them back to sea to do it over again.

The next morning I left town early, walking to Brasilito, refusing rides and watching men cut the highway grass with machetes and smiles, arriving in Brasilto where a homeless man explained to me how the resort ruined the town but I snuck onto the resort and sat on the seashell beach, listening to the chimes as the water churned the billions of shells.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0371s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 7; ; mem: 1mb