PURA VIDA CON CELINA


Advertisement
Costa Rica's flag
Central America Caribbean » Costa Rica » Guanacaste
September 30th 2011
Published: October 10th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

1st week in the land of PURA VIDA MAE


First week in Costa Rica** Guess I chose the right destination. On our arrival in Liberia we stayed with Veronica's family for 2 days in a very small village, saw monkeys playing in the trees, went to the Llanos de Cortes waterfall, beautiful* Visited a watermelon plantation and ate "gallo pinto" as breakfast, miam miam. My lucky star is still following me and with Celine's luck everything seems feasible. We then ended up in the middle of nowhere, having to wait for the bus something like 6 hours... We decided to wait and see what would happen. We couldn't really imagine what was going to happen to us. After 2 hours of "nobody is taking this road, are we really on the right road??" some angel came out of nowhere, we stopped him like two crazy desperate travelers and he said that he could take us to Monteverde, which is about 2 hours drive from the place we were. Fernando (that's his name...) drove us all the way up to Monteverde a little place of cloudy paradise, He brought us to the Serpentario, from which he was the director and told us that if we wanted to come to Fortuna, he would help us out. We stayed 2 nights in Monteverde, met some crazy dudes with whom we spent the night drinking rum in a little wooden house. Met a nice Mexican girl that cooked for us. Went to see a very very tall ficus tree, nice, and walked in Monteverde natural reserve. Didn't see much animals, but it was definitely an amazing little trek. We then obviously took the road to la Fortuna, paid 15 $ for the trip (expensive but worth it) Crossed the Arenal's Lake, with the Arenal Volcano on the background. Just exceptional. We didn't really know until we reached Fortuna what was going to happen, if Fernando was going to be there or not. So we arrived and 10 minutes later he came to pick us up at his bar "la Vaca Muca", a very Swiss name for a bar. That's when the dream started. He brought us everywhere, showed us the most typical you can find in Fortuna, explained us everything about nature here, and taught us how to recognize all kind of different plantations, not sure I'll remember all the names but still very interesting and enriching. Fernando comes from a poor family but with his will of doing better he actually made it to university to become a biologist and he's now working in tourism and helping out people with his project of "local development". We traveled all around Fortuna by car. The same night we went to a gorgeous restaurant with a friend of his, he paid the bill.. amazing... The day after, the real adventure began. We went to see his Mariposario, then went to do the Sky Trek, went down the most impressive zip line I ve ever seen. See the video. Then we went to a 5 star hotel to take a relaxing bath in the hot springs... Mae that was good...Now we're in San Jose for the weekend, most of all for tonight's party (Tanya Stephens and I-Octane live). Yesterday night we met marie, a real Caribbean girl, went with her to get free tickets for tonight (50$ can u imagine...thieves...). But thanks to Celine we got one. And thanks to Marie we ll probably get another one tonight. At yesterday's party we ended up in backstage with I-Octane, all the artists for a photo session, free food and more... We are actually toooo lucky. PURA VIDA is just the right term to describe our first week in Costa Rica. Look at the pictures for more details 😊))


Additional photos below
Photos: 162, Displayed: 24


Advertisement

Comida tipica Comida tipica
Comida tipica

Gallo pinto con huevos y tortilla


Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 15; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0694s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb