Vanilla and more....


Advertisement
Published: June 8th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hola amigos,

Just a short one this time, was home alone (Willeke) because Kees was taking our friends on a tour through a big part of Costa Rica. They are filming all the Holland Hotels Costa Rica www.hollandhotelscr.com
to make a promotion dvd, great huh ? yep ! so didn't have much time to do anything actually, been busy all the time.

Early may Willeke went with guests to visit a vanilla project, the guests invested in this and wanted to see if the plants were actually there....and yes....after a 3 hour drive we finally looked at the plants and ALL the beans. There were a lot, which is great for them, because the company is selling the beans, the smelled very very very nice hmmm, the whole car smelled like vanilla when we drove back, since we all were given a bean as a present ....still needs to dry a little more, but that's okay.
On the way to the vanilla plantation, we stopped at a bridge and looked at......wow....very BIG iguanas who were eating papaya....yammie !

May was a busy month, a lot of guests found our place which is great ! we're doing better than
Vanilla plantsVanilla plantsVanilla plants

each bambu stick carries a vanilla plant, it's like a succulent with big leaves
last year, so far....(s)lowseason started already so we'll see who's gonna show up at our doorstep.

Three of the kittens have found a new home already, still have two little ones. But today, while walking with Tica friend Maritza, she said that she would take the last little black one. They are so very cute, it's hard to let them go, but oh well, it's better for them we think. Mama Chica is playing with them a lot, she herself is only 11 months old and very playfull, also Lucky is back into the game with her.

That's all our news this time, until the next one !
Enjoy the pictures, there's a lot of animals this time....wonder why ???
sunny regards,
Kees and Willeke
and the animalfarm


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

NaranjiasNaranjias
Naranjias

They look like tomatoes but it's actually a fruit, juice it, add some lemon and enjoy.
CicadeCicade
Cicade

Amazing how much noise such a little creature can produce.


Tot: 0.306s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 12; qc: 66; dbt: 0.1912s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb