Costa Rica


Advertisement
Published: December 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Ok - our last stop was supposed to be three relaxing days in Costa Rica....or at least that was the intention.

As it turned out, we had a couple of nice days at the beach, but the hassle of getting to and from Tamarindo made it less enjoyable than it could have been. The highlight was watching a sea turtle lay about 60 or so eggs on the beach...very cool.

Anyway, we are now in London and are about to run out the door to catch our flight to Uganda. As usual we are running very close to the line, so I've got to keep this short.

I hope you're all enjoying the blog - getting it up-to-date kept me busy for the last couple of days in London while it was raining and miserable outside.

As the regularity of Internet places in Africa will probably be low, this is probably the last time you'll hear from us for a while. In the meantime, I'll try and take lots of good shots of the Gorillas we're visiting in Uganda!!

Take care and Happy Holidays to all!!

Cheers,

Dan & Janice


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Pelican FishingPelican Fishing
Pelican Fishing

Pelican diving into the waters off Tamarindo like a guided missile
Sea Turtle Laying EggsSea Turtle Laying Eggs
Sea Turtle Laying Eggs

This turtle chose to lay it's eggs on the beach right in front of our hotel..absolutely amazing!
Stand Up!!Stand Up!!
Stand Up!!

My pathetic attempt at surfing was not helped by the miniscule waves I had to work with.


6th December 2007

What a trip it's been...
Hello Daniel, Your commentary and photos are amazing! It definitley lokks like the trip of a life time. Keep the stories and pics coming. Stay safe and have fun. Al
7th December 2007

Big Wave Surfing
Daniel, I expect to see you in the "Big Wave Surfing Finals" at Mavericks in Half Moon Bay next December...http://www.mavsurfer.com/ You may have to stand up on your board, though;)
8th June 2011
Sea Turtle Laying Eggs

sea turtle comment
on the beach there are mother sea Turtle laying eggs lots of eggs.

Tot: 0.201s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 17; qc: 84; dbt: 0.1626s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb