Two Sisters and a Mother in Costa Rica Day 8


Advertisement
Published: September 2nd 2018
Edit Blog Post

Mandy and I woke early to hear the roar of the Howler Monkeys. I ran off to photograph them in my night clothes causing the guards to chuckle. We wanted to savor every last minute so we grabbed our coffees, books and cameras, swept off a lounge chair to read and spent the last precious morning on the beach.



From under the tall palms I looked out to the ocean and watched the fishermen prepare for their day at sea while the birds floated in the ocean around the boats or perched on the boats’ biminis hoping to catch a stray fish. Monkey Island stood out at the edge of the bay and behind it, the mountains’ sharp outline defined by the morning sky. Mandy relaxed with her book, enjoying the special last peaceful morning. Kate soon joined us but sadly was a bit under the weather. She had planned to stay on the beach taking a later car service to the airport giving her those special extra hours to herself.



Breakfast is not included at Bosque del Mar (although there is in-room coffee), so we only ate at the hotel's open air restaurant on the last morning. The breakfast buffet was nothing special, omelets, fresh fruit, beans and rice, and it was quite expensive for what was offered, certainly not comparable to the Manoa Hotel and Spa in La Fortuna, though this did have the beach and a nice open air cocktail lounge up "in the trees" where we had cocktails the previous evening.



When it came time for Mandy and me to leave for our flights, Kate decided she would go too, forgoing the beach day to herself. We all piled into our rental car and bade a sad farewell to Bosque del Mar at 11 in the morning, heading for the Liberia airport and the car rental return. With different departures we said our quick goodbyes at the airport taking with us lasting memories of mother daughter bondings in the amazing country of Costa Rica.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.142s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 15; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0752s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb