ADVENTURES IN PERU DAY 2 MIAMI TO LIMA


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Lima » Lima » Miraflores
October 14th 2018
Published: October 14th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Last night was breezy and balmy. This morning we woke to tropical storm Gordon with heavy rain and winds up to 45mph. September is hurricane season in Florida so I’ll take a tropical storm over a hurricane any day.

Our car was parked outside, easily accessible from the hotel but a challenge in the wind-driven rain. We had planned to transfer our Florida clothes for some clothes for Peru on the day of our flight. Now I had to try to stay dry as I ran to and from the car. I didn’t stay dry. After the transfer I spent the next hour in our room with a hairdryer on my wet clothes. We opted for the hassle-free (and dry) hotel airport transfer and ate a late lunch at MIA instead of the going to the charming Italian restaurant across the street.

Although not a cozy Italian restaurant, La Pausa, located at the MIA terminal, turned out to be a nice sit down restaurant where I had a surprisingly good vegetarian burger. Dave’s cheeseburger and fries also got a thumbs up. And we weren’t soaking wet!

We arrived at our Avianca gate 45 minutes early and were surprised to be boarding 5 minutes later. We were off to Peru despite tropical storm Gordon! We enjoyed a wonderful flight with comfortable seats, two movies and a fun inflight tracker to watch our navigation. We arrived in Lima on time and found our driver from Kaypi Peru Tours waiting for us at the Jorge Chavez International Airport (LIM) in Callao, Peru, to take us to the Hotel Allpa in the Miraflores district of Lima, about 25 minutes away. Both the ride and the hotel checkin were made easy because of the pleasant professionalism of the Kaypi staff. Dave and I had made it to Peru!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.323s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 19; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0789s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb