santa teresa...rainy, but still sunburnt....


Advertisement
Published: October 16th 2007
Edit Blog Post

I am writing to you from rainy rainy santa teresa, costa rica. it rains at least 8 hours a day at the same rate of the worst rainy day of the year in victoria...it is so rainy that our bus got stuck on the way here in the ditch and we had to hail a 4x4 cab in the pouring rain. this morning we got a tiny bit of sun and in the 30- minute window we both got burned. this town is wonderful other than the rain, ....nothing but kms of beaches that are practically deserted. we weathered the no baggage issue well, but i am so relieved to finally have my stuff...although i am realizing how little 'stuff' there actually is..i need to shop for disgustingly skimpy clothes apparently...every body here dresses in as little as possible.

Advertisement



17th October 2007

Skimpy Clothes
Just wanted to concur on using the word skimpy and disgusting in relation to costa rican beach wear. where are these people's shame? in fact, i'm bringing you an afghan and several multi-coloured one piece bathing suits just so you can preserve your virtue. You can count on me. Go team Astroglide!

Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 53; dbt: 0.055s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb