PURA VIDA


Advertisement
Published: November 6th 2012
Edit Blog Post

We're here! Finally!

Made it to Costa Rica late last night after a long day of "hurry up and waiting"

Left New Orleans early yestday morning and flew to Dallas, sat there for 4 hours then jumped on another plane for 4 hours and landed in busy little San Jose . We scurried through the terminal without any problems, next thing I know we are jumping in an orange taxi ( sign at the airport says don't trust anyone but orange taxi's) flying through the narrow streets of a third world country.....wow how exciting! Ian nudges me and points to a huge store with a sign that said WALMART! Following that we saw numerous signs advertising Wendys, Burger King and so on.

The taxi driver found our hotel without incident and the room was inviting. I was awake at 5:30 am Costa Rica time, which was 3:3o am home time lol, so I guess my clock is still a bit off. Got Ian up ( I did leave him sleep until 7:30) and went to the reception desk where they served a delish continental breaky.....scrambled eggs, home made banana breads fresh fruit Yummmmmmm.

Ian's friend lives in a little small city a few miles away from out motel so he came by to visit, then we all headed into the city and ran some errands. went to 3 banks to try to withdraw some local money and my bank card would not be accepted anywhere, so still have to solve that problem.

We then returned to the motel just before the sky opened up and it's now raining very heavy with thunder and lightening! Although its probably about 25 Celsius. We are Sitting outside under our little porch watching the tropical storm. Life is good....

No new pictures to upload at this time, but will take some more soon. Thursday we are headed to Tamarindo on the pacific side where we will settle in for 5 weeks.

Chow for now!!

Miss everyone xo

PS JUST A NOTE: if you want to subscribe to our blog, look for the subscribe button to the right of this blog and enter your email....I think you will then be notified of any new entries and won't have to keep coming here to check....if you so desire 😊

Advertisement



2nd December 2012

Very cool
Only other country I've ever been to is Mexico. Awesome that you all are doing this.

Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0589s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb