Real estate in San Ramon and other activities


Advertisement
Published: December 20th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Our friend, BenOur friend, BenOur friend, Ben

Ben standing in front of house he´s building.
The days seem to roll by with each one filling up even if we didn´t originally have any plans. We´ve spent a lot of time looking at real estate, you can see some of the pictures below. Our friend, Ben Cart, has many lots for sale starting at 1.25 acres. Prices are much less than you´d pay in most parts of the States. There are many, many gringos buying and building here. Below is a photo of the ceiling of the house Ben is currently building. The woods they use here are incredible. That ceiling is composed of many different varieties of woods used here in construction. The chandelier was handmade by a local ironworker. It´s all so beautiful!
Other days have been spent going to the many festivals that have been taking place around the Christmas season. Saturday night at one of the local museums there was a presentation by some of the local choral groups and bands. And every weekend there have been festivities in the park. Here is the same as in Italy, every city has a church and park in the center of town, where everyone hangs out. It is one of Davide´s favorite things to do.
View from porchView from porchView from porch

View from back porch of house looking out to Pacific ocean in the distance.
He feels like he is back home again.
We´ve met lots of people--both Tico and American. The Tico´s (what the Costa Ricans are called) are generally very sweet people. Unfortunately, with so many ex-pats moving here, the Tico´s however have established two prices--a Tico price and a gringo price. For example, in a lot of the sodas (the name for small, local mom-and-pop restaurants), there are no prices posted. After you finish your meal you find out how much you owe. We´ve noticed that our price is usually about one and a half times what the Tico´s pay. But it´s still not much (maybe $2.00 each for lunch). To avoid getting ¨ripped off¨, we go to places with prices posted.
I think at this point it may be tough to come back to the States. It doesn´t take long to get used to this place. We are planning a trip for the first of January--either over to the Nicoya Peninsula or down to Panama.
Happy Christmas to everyone.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

CeilingCeiling
Ceiling

Ceiling in living room of house.
Other land Ben has for saleOther land Ben has for sale
Other land Ben has for sale

Not as jungley, but still has incredible views.
RiverRiver
River

River down the street from land.


22nd December 2005

Italy vs. Costa Rica
Loved your recent entry; I'm going to make sure that Ernesto reads it, especially the comments about how Davide likens certain aspects of San Ramon to Italy. That will make Ernesto very happy! Can't wait to get down there. Keep up the good work. I'm living in Costa Rica vicariously through your journal.

Tot: 0.13s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0818s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb