San Ramon Tope 2006


Advertisement
Published: December 11th 2006
Edit Blog Post

We attended our first tope in San Ramon Saturday. A tope is a grand horse parade. The Parada de Sol in Scottsdale has nothing on this horse parade. Bill thinks he heard them say there were 2800 horses in this parade. I don't know if there were that many but there were a heck of a lot of horses.

The tope finally reached the center of town around 3pm, we arrived at 12pm as the sign said that was the starting time. We knew it wouldn't start on time but were non the less surprised when we didn't see our first horse for three hours. Once they started coming there was no stopping them.

At one point our vecino, neighbor, passed by and asked Callista to ride along with him. What a treat. Callista went the entire parade route with him. You've never seen such a happy girl.

The beautiful dancing horses were simply amazing. We don't know the breed of the horses so if anyone recognizes or knows what they are please either comment or email. We were awestruck. We stood in the street watching and had to move several times so we wouldn't get stomped on.
Callista participatesCallista participatesCallista participates

Our friend asked Callista to ride along with him.


I think I can truely say that it's a toss up as to who enjoyed the tope more between Callista and Bill. I think Bill was a little jealous Callista got to mount up and not him.

PURA VIDA!
Jen, Bill, Callista and Bear (who stayed home for his own safety)

For all of my San Ramon Festival 2006 Tope pictures click here:

anewlifeincostarica






Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement

Do you think she had fun?Do you think she had fun?
Do you think she had fun?

Callista running up to me just after finishing the tope.
Imperial GirlsImperial Girls
Imperial Girls

A Little eye candy for the guys. :)


16th December 2006

Hello all
I think Calista may be ready for a horse, It is so great to see you having so many adventures and fun. Melia says to say hi to Calista. She misses you lots. Glad your having fun.
17th December 2006

You bet Vicki!
Callista would absolutely LOVE a horse, what little girl wouldn't? Maybe one day. We do have a lot of fun here, it was the right choice for us. There are bad days as well but the daily blessings out weigh any of the negatives. Hi Melia!

Tot: 0.359s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 78; dbt: 0.3057s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb