Annual car inspection


Advertisement
Published: October 15th 2006
Edit Blog Post

We passed! It took us two tries but on Friday 13th of all days we passed our auto inspection and received our window stickers. WHEW! That’s a relief. You can’t drive in Costa Rica without your sticker. Ok, you can but you’re asking to be pulled over. Why court trouble.

Here’s how Revision works: You call and make an appointment at the location nearest you or make reservations online at least 14 days in advance of desired appointment date. I’d call and verify a couple of days after making the appointment online but that’s just me. http://www.rtv.co.cr/
When you arrive for your appointment, check in outside to see if you’re on the invited list for the day. If the man at the table finds your placa or license plate number he allows you to enter the building. Once inside you wait in line to give them your paperwork. If all is in order they pass a paper over to the next window, the caja or cashier. You pay there, go back outside and drive your car around to the inspection line and wait…and wait…and wait.

They inspect everything, the usual things you’d expect, brakes, shocks, headlights, blinkers, emissions but
check in here firstcheck in here firstcheck in here first

check in outside then go in and see the person at the counter. If you don't have an appointment these first guys send you away.
things that surprised me as well. For example, the windshield wiper squirter, yes it must squirt water and all the doors and windows must be in proper working order. Please explain to me what windows rolling up and down has to do with the safe operation of my car? Perhaps they want all escape routes open due to the number of fatal accidents on the roads.

As I said before, we didn’t pass the first time around. Both the brakes and propane system failed. Propane was an easy fix. We changed the fuel filter, DUH! The brakes, another story, and another blog they aren’t fixed, yet. Our mechanic made some adjustments and said with a prayer we might pass the inspection. We gave it a shot, praying that is, out loud, all together in the line with one car ahead of us. It was hard not to have doubts but we held strong to our faith and passed this time. Gracias Dios! Life is easier in Costa Rica with faith.

We’re able to travel the country freely for another year and not a moment too soon. Friends arrived in San Jose late Friday night and are expected to come see us later today. We’re looking forward to showing them our lives and possibly travel a little with them. We haven’t done an overnighter anywhere since Craig left in August. WE’RE READY!

Pura Vida!
Jen, Bill, Callista and Bear



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.169s; Tpl: 0.052s; cc: 12; qc: 74; dbt: 0.0832s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb