The Funeral and The "Buried" Fortune


Advertisement
Published: May 2nd 2016
Edit Blog Post

Haha, just kidding. No one died…yet. Hey this is James and I am doing the blog today. Let me give you a run down of what happened after we landed in "The Rica"



First of all, we met Jheudy at the airport and then drove 3 hours to his hometown of La Fortura (get it, the "buried" fortune)

As soon as we got there we checked into our hotel and we relaxed from our long travel day until we went to bed. Yea, I agree it sounds pretty boring, but stay with me.



The next day, we woke up and really began our trip at La Fortuna Falls (~220 feet tall) where we descended down and then climbed back up 500 steps. While near the waterfall, we got some pictures (attached) of us near the waterfall (or at least they should be attached…). Afterwards, we headed rafting down the Balsa river with II and III class rapids. Now, that was fun, but it really got interesting when we stopped for a snack. For snack time we had watermelon, pineapple, and, most importantly, (according to Mrs. G) Mango. When she finished eating it Mrs. G preceded to rub the peel on her face, claiming it was a exfoliating natural remedy. At this point, all of the guides looked at her like she was crazy. She may have lost it for a brief period of time, I am still not sure.



After rafting we had lunch at an organic farm and got a tour of their plants. They gave us a taste of some 100% organic sugar cane juice that we helped process. While we were there we also saw some organic black beans, cocoa (chocolate), and coconuts. We came back and relaxed/cleaned up for a little then went downtown for dinner and a night on the town in La Fortuna. After a bit of shopping and a delicious dinner, we came back and started writing this blog post.



It began like this:



"Haha, just kidding. No one died…yet. Hey this is James……."





Until Next Time,

James

Advertisement



Tot: 0.12s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0382s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb