The Volcano


Advertisement
Published: September 30th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We headed to this city, known for its active volcano straight away. When we arrived we became friends another couple staying at our hostel from Germany. Everything in this town requires the purchase of a way-over priced tour, but they knew of a secret spot where there is a hot springs river and knew a guy who would take us there. It was an incredible night. At sunset we drove out to the river where we relaxed in the hot water after dark and drank rum with our new friends. Just us and the fireflies. Afterwards we drove around the volcano to the active side and were witness to the hot red lava streaming down the side of the Volcano. It was a bit scary as it came down soo fast, but we were on the other side of the river so it would cool before it would reach us. I have never seen an erupting volcano, especially so close, it was a surreal moment.

The next day we biked up the inactive side of the volcano and went swimming in a beautiful waterfall. Downstream there were 100s of fish chilling in the water and we tried to grab them for dinner but they were too fast.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 20; qc: 62; dbt: 0.0688s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb