Active Volcano--Enter at Your Own Risk!!


Advertisement
Costa Rica's flag
Central America Caribbean » Costa Rica » Alajuela » Arenal
December 31st 2008
Published: December 31st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hola!
Greetings and an early Happy New Year!! Although there were some major bumps in the travel adventures of Wendy Wanderer and her Companion Chris (thanks mom!), including a canceled flight, we were able to arrive in Costa Rica as scheduled. Miraculously!!

We spent the first two days in San Jose, which is nothing special, although the warm, sunny weather was welcomed after the horrid weather we experienced last week.

Yesterday we arrived in Arenal, where we are staying at a fabulous hotel with a breathtaking view of the volcano. And we were so fortunate to see the volcano, which is quite the rare occurrence at this time of the year. We were able to go on a volcano hike, see some native birds, and the volcano as it errupted. All incredible sights!

Today we experienced one of my favorite travel moments, of which there are many, but this is near the top of the list. While our hotel has a hot tub in the actual hotel room, we reserved spots for the resort down the road prior to our departure. Tabacon is a resort with numerous thermal hot springs sprawling throughout the property. AMAZING!! Truly incredible!! Water cascading down rocks and hitting your back, it was as though I had a massage that went on for hours! And after the school year I have had, this was MUCH needed respite!! Words cannot describe how amazing it was!

Tomorrow we are off to the cloud forest in Monteverde...I am looking forward to that and considering the opportunity to zip line (yikes!). Then we will travel to the Pacific Ocean to Manuel Antonio National Park and I hope to see many native animals along the way!

I hope this post finds you well! Happy New Year to All!!
Adios Amigos!


Advertisement



5th January 2009

please stay away from the lava...
It's hot!

Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0492s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb