Arenal


Advertisement
Costa Rica's flag
Central America Caribbean » Costa Rica » Alajuela » Arenal
October 10th 2007
Published: October 18th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Following our action packed day in Monteverde we headed off across the lake to Arenal Volcano area. The transfer was actually not too bad, jeep/boat/jeep although the roads are so bumpy, and really rough so it takes a long time to go a short distance..
We arrived in Arenal and checked into Gringo Pete's hostel - the cheapest one so far, only $4 per person per night for a private room! It started pouring with rain when we arrived so we holed up in the hostel for a while and checked out what there is to do and see.
We ended up going to Baldi Thermae hot springs for the afternoon - so decadent! The hot springs are heated naturally by the volcano and its right behind you so you can just sit there and look up! Unfortunately for the view the lava is flowing down the other side so it looks a bit like a big smoking hill..but still very cool.
The complex has heaps of different pools ranging in temperatures from 30 degrees to 65! Jase got in that one but only for a second, felt a bit like a lobster going into the pot!
So as you can see from the pictures it was a very nice way to spend an afternoon, coupled with some expensive cocktails at the swim up bar...
We decided not to climb the volcano as we have already done that in Guatemala, so booked another transfer for the next day to Torteguero to see some more wildlife. This week has been go go go!



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.154s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 12; qc: 48; dbt: 0.1199s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb