We're Home!


Advertisement
Published: October 30th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Our PatioOur PatioOur Patio

Our home is right on the canal in Governors Harbour. This is the view from our patio. Some really nice boats. At the end of the road (in both directions) the BEACH!

Home Sweet Home!?


We made it!!! We are in the Cayman Islands and wow I still can't believe it. We actually live here!

It's really something amazing being here. We arrived when the Governor was leaving so there was a big "TODO" at the airport - we pretended all the people where there to see us. It was fun.

As you may know there is another hurricane in the area, Hurricane Beta, so we are getting a lot of rain and some wind. Though it's still 28C so can't complain. Last night the rain was just coming down in buckets, it was amazing, I've never seen it like that. It just looked like someone turned on the hose and forgot to turn it off. The roads were completely flooded. Though amazingly most of the water cleared up by mid morning. Except the water in the many large pot holes on our street. We did go through one, a large one, like the biggest one on the island - George was driving, his bosses car, with his boss in the passenger seat. It was funny.
What's funnier is that we drive on the wrong (left side of the street) -
Dining Room/ KitchenDining Room/ KitchenDining Room/ Kitchen

Just taking a photo before we move all our stuff in.
it's so weird. George does all the driving, I think I'm a little too scatter brained and looking at everything around me to drive. Head on collision comes to mind.

Today (Saturday) it was quite sunny in the morning, then it got cloudy. Supposed to be like this till Tuesday or so when the hurricane is supposed to clear up and stuff. Though that didn't keep us out of the water! The ocean is awesome! Beautiful green water - crystal sand (looks like cookie dough kinda - Pillsbury without the chocolate chips!). We went in the water started swimming around, treading water being amazed with where we were and that we lived a block away. Then we noticed something really weird. We were a ways out in the water, we couldn't touch the ocean floor, and George says to me - stop treading water look what happens. So I stopped, and nothing. I didn't sink, nothing. It was so cool, I just sat there in the water. Sat on water in the water and didn't sink. It's the coolest feeling in the world!

Our new home is great. It's a two level, two bedrooms, two and a half
Breezers Bar and GrillBreezers Bar and GrillBreezers Bar and Grill

George protecting himself from the hurrican with my drink umbrella.
bathroom town home. Nicely furnished, very nice. It's also very white, white walls, white tiled floors, very white, and when it gets a little sunny - very bright. But it also looks very Caribbean, and we love it.

We're having a great time, miss you all.
jo


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

FloodFlood
Flood

Although it may not seem like anything this puddle is quite deep - and no we didn't go through it just for fun. We're still in a rental car.


Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 5; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0348s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb