Jost Van Dyke


Advertisement

Jost Van DykeJost Van DykeJost Van Dyke

Just dinghy in, relax at the beach, and enjoy a hammock. My kind of place!
Unfortunately we decided to leave the BVIs after our brief 3 day visit. There were many reasons why we cut our time there short, but mainly it was due to weather (as sailors we live and die by the weather and when a good weather window develops- you take it or wait for the next one, which can easily be 2-3 weeks later). Besides, we were tired of the crowds and ready to explore new islands and anxious to get farther south, one step closer to Trinidad which will be our final destination for hurricane season which is rapidly approaching. But before we could set sail we first had to make a quick stop at Jost Van Dyke. Not only do you have to clear into customs and immigration as you travel throughout the Caribbean, but you also have to check out. Jost Van Dyke was the closest island with a customs office and besides that, it is a great little island that we wanted to visit anyways. So we took off for Jost, dropped anchor an hour later, and went into town to explore. The island in general has a very laid back atmosphere (check out the dog just chillin’
Foxy'sFoxy'sFoxy's

The world-reknown beach bar.
in the shade of a palm tree) and is much less developed than the other islands in the BVIs, with only 200 residents and no major developments. We had a great time walking along the beach which was lined with restaurants, bars, and cute little beach boutiques where local artists sold their wares. Of course we had to visit Foxy’s, the world re-known beach bar which we had heard so much about. But we spent most of our time just hanging out in hammocks strung between the palm trees that lined the beach. As we walked towards the customs office we were debating our decision. Should we stay or should we go? But in the end we decided to push on and sail that night to St. Martin.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

This Way to Foxy'sThis Way to Foxy's
This Way to Foxy's

But what's the treasure box for? Empty- boo! No pirate bootie to be found.
Dog Days of SummerDog Days of Summer
Dog Days of Summer

Check out this island dog, sleeping in the shade of the palm tree. What a laid back place.


Tot: 0.038s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0182s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb